OFRI recognizes the effectiveness of field studies and wishes to support classroom teachers’ forest education efforts. OFRI may be able to provide transportation funds, on a case-by-case basis, to those classrooms whose opportunities to participate in such forestry-related studies are otherwise limited.
Complete and submit the bus transportation request form below prior to the trip. Bus reimbursement requests will be reviewed by Norie Dimeo Ediger, Director of K-12 Education Programs , on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The PRIMARY focus of the trip must be forest/forestry education.
- Preference is given to opportunities listed in the OFRI publication, K-12 Forest Education Opportunities; other requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Preference is given to educators who have attended an Oregon Natural Resources Education Program (ONREP) workshop or who have had a Talk About Trees program in their classroom.
Unfortunately, funding is limited and we are not able to approve outdoor school transportation requests.
- No commitment can be made prior to approval of written request.
- OFRI can only pay actual bus transportation costs after the event—substitute reimbursement is not included.
- In order to ensure payment, your school district office must mail OFRI an original invoice (FAXES ARE NOT ACCEPTED), a copy of your bus transportation approval letter, your school federal tax identification number and a copy of the transportation company invoice, no later than 45 days after the event, or by June 30, whichever comes first.
Bus Transportation Request Form