The Oregon Garden Natural Resources Education Program presented by OFRI provides students in grades 4-6 a hands-on approach to natural resource education. The Rediscovery Forest is a dynamic demonstration forest located in the park-like environment of The Oregon Garden. This 15- acre educational forest helps students discover why Oregon’s working forests and other natural resources are essential to sustaining our quality of life. Students participate in programs focused on forest ecology, wildlife habitat, science inquiry, plant and animal adaptations, STEM, and much more. Visit the OFRI website for information on a variety of interactive, grade-appropriate, science-based programs and to register. Registration is only available online. OFRI also offers several educational events and educator workshops at The Rediscovery Forest throughout the year.
Request a Date
Rediscovery Forest Education Programs and Transportation Support
PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING A FIELD TRIP REQUEST
Transportation Reimbursement Criteria:
- Requests are considered on a first-come, first-served basis, well in advance of the event.
- Funding may only be used for direct transportation costs of the field trip. Bus costs are the intended use of these funds. No reimbursement of private vehicle mileage is allowed.
- This funding request may only be used for transportation costs for a field trip to the Rediscovery Forest Education Program at the Oregon Garden, Silverton, Oregon
- No commitment can be made prior to approval of a written request.
- OFRI will pay only actual bus transportation costs after the event—substitute reimbursement is not included.
- In order to ensure payment, your school district office must mail OFRI an original invoice (FAXES ARE NOT ACCEPTED), a copy of your bus transportation approval letter, your school federal tax identification number and a copy of the transportation company invoice, no later than 45 days after the event, or by close of the school year, whichever comes first.